Saturday, March 22, 2008

Jesus and whatnot.

So this year I learned about Easter and Jesus.

Palm Sunday: Jesus going through Bethlehem on his journey...ending at the cross

(the following year, the palms were burned on Ash Wednesday and then the priest puts dots of ash on you forehead)

Good Friday: Jesus was crucified (should be called "really unfortunate Friday"). Did you know that old school Catholics have silent time between noon and 3 because apparently that is when he was dying...

Easter: Jesus resurrected


So the Midwest is SO much more religious than anywhere I have lived...So I have learned a lot. The funny thing is that the above information had to looked up online, because the catholics that could not believe I didn't go to church didn't know the answer. The best answer I got was was "because my mom said so".


Also...one thing that always bugged me is stuff that people give up for lent...like giving up chocolate is just like dying for everyone's sins....

Totally the same.


Anyway. I am still happy for peeps, cadbury, chocolate bunnies, ham, potato salad, devilled eggs, etc.




PS. I was going to put a picture of Jesus on here...but it kind of creeped me out. Sorry.

No comments: